Friday, October 9, 2009

A few of my favorite things

Last night I had a really cool dream involving a whole bunch of Saskatoon friends.
I was working at a thrift store with Mason Windels. It was Pie day so I changed the screensaver on our work computer to a loop of a fat dude shoveling pie into his mouth. Me and Mason closed the store and went to the Co-op Gas station on 8th and Broadway where Jeremy Kiss had just finishing playing a show in the parking lot. It was a show for Jesse Hicks' birthday. Jeremy had been singing motivational speeches through a vocoder with synthpop beats in the background.
"Cal! You missed the show!"
"AWWW SHIT! I didn't know that this was happening! Was there a facebook event?"
"Yeah 'Jesse's motivational electopoop'."
I felt bad for missing the cool concert but then Thomas Hynes showed up and we ate pie. It was delicious and then I woke up.

It turns out national pie day is on January 23rd, and Jesse Hicks birthday is on December 8th. It doesn't quite add up. I really wish i was born on January 23rd now thought. Here is a cool blog about pie: http://johnny-likes-pie.blogspot.com/

1 comment:

  1. jesus i should really put that idea into action. I actually had a dream about you last night but I cant, for the life of me, remember what happened.

    ReplyDelete