Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Bømlo

I am on a break from school. I am staying with some friends from my freeride class, Magnus and Kolbein. They live in a municipality consisting of a series of islands colectively called Bømlo. Bømlo is on the west coast of Norway halfway between Stavanger and Bergen. Magnus works on a trout farm platform. I went to work with him for two days. His duties include making sure the salmon get fed the proper amount each day, and sucking the dead fish from the bottom of the nets. The dead fish are put into a bucket of acid where they are turned into a delicious grey paste that smells like like week-old festering vomit. The acid-salmon paste is put in beauty products like lipstick. My friend Kolbein has the most high-tech kitchen I've ever seen. His stove is particularly impressive. It has a very unique user interface and it heats anything up nearly as fast as a microwave.

2 comments:

  1. Cal DId you take the video of that stove - it's amazing. Do you have any other photos?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found this video on youtube, I don´t know who took it but it demonstrates the cool user interface and how fast the water can boil. I have more photos but they are on my camera. I lost the cable for my camera so I can´t upload any of my own photos.

    ReplyDelete