Monday, March 8, 2010

News!

Cool news: I've been snowboarding tons this last week, I've gone to the hill everyday. It's been really sunny. :) I was watching a Norwegian snowboard competition yesterday called the Arctic Challenge. There were 10 riders in the final and one of them was from Regina. Despite Regina being about the worst place you could live in Canada outside of the rez, I was very happy to see a snowboarder from Saskatchewan, let alone Canada, competeing against some of the biggest names in professional snowboarding from around the world. His name is Mark McMorris, he is only 16 and he placed 5th. He landed a double cork 900 and a double rodeo 900, both quite stylish. Here's a little clip I found of him on the interweb:



I've applied to Concordia for next year, they have a really cool program called Electroaccoustics that I am very interested in. It is essentailly the study of the art of sound through electricity.

Shitty news: My friend Paul Boon gave me his external hard drive to bring to Norway. I noticed that it was making some noises, behaving oddly and occasionally freezing so I bought a new external harddrive off of eBay- 500GB for $100 dollars (good deal). I wanted to backup all my files on my new harddrive but Paul's old one has now stopped working! All my music, pictures, videos, documents GONE! GONE! GONE! So I´m very depressed. :(

1 comment: